We all have obligations in this world. As you have probably noticed, there are amenities in this world that each of us can readily use and without them, life might be harder to navigate or boring. However, you should know though that these amenities are not free as they need money to be set-up in the first place. One of these amenities is the chance to watch and record tv shows. Well actually, watching tv then is just free but with the boom of the internet, everything seems to get complicated and that includes the rules in tv licensing.
If you are confused whether you need to get your own tv license, and if you are doubting that you might just heard everything wrong and you don’t really need tv licence number, you can get information from the TV Licence Customer helpline on 0843 506 8873.
You can also check below to know if you really have to get a tv license:
- If you are used to watching and recording tv programs as they are shown on tv, then you need to get a tv license. This is what they call “live tv”.
- If you watch BBC programs in iplayer, then you also need to get the tv license.
- There are a number of ways that you can watch tv such as on a tv set of course, on your computer or laptop, on your mobile phone, on a tablet, with the use of a game console, with a digital box that is connected to your tv and with a dvd player. With any of these tools, you should get a tv license as if not, then you are chargeable by law of course.
- No matter how many people are living in your home, you only need one tv license.
There is a way though for you to pay less for your tv license and that is if:
- You are already over 75 years old or maybe there is someone in your home that is over 75 years old.
- If you can hardly see or you are blind.
- And if you live in a residential care home.
So, if you happen to be in any of these situations, then there is a chance that you will be discounted or maybe you don’t really need to get a tv license.
If no one is currently living in your home like maybe you will be out for months or maybe you really don’t watch tv or any BBC news, then you must tell the designated agency as they will not send you a letter demanding you to get a tv license. However, they will send an officer in your home to check if what you reported is true.
Note that if you will not abide by the law, you will be prosecuted and fined as well. Thus to make things smoother, you must abide with the rules and regulations imposed by the law in your area.
Author Bio: Mike Knowles owns a telecom business and he knows that there is really nothing he can do but to abide by the law. This way, his business will just flow smoothly.